Re: External fortran compiler vs. f2c

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, you wrote:
> What is the correct way to setup an external fortran compiler in
> pkgsrc? I cannot find an answer in pkgsrc.txt

I'm not sure an external fortran compiler will work at the moment but
you can use g95 rather than f2c by setting the following two lines in
mk.conf

        PKGSRC_FORTRAN= g95
        FC= g95

I've been using that for the last year or so.

I think with the recent addition of the gcc44 package that gfortran is
also a possibility here but I haven't looked or tried that.

cheers
mark