Re: pkgsrc RC scripts

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> (1) Install pkgsrc RC scripts by default into /etc/rc.pkg.d, not
> /etc/rc.d and adjust the default value for rc_directories accordingly.
> This keeps the logical separation between base and pkgsrc RC scripts
> and still allows /usr (or /usr/pkg) to be on a separate filesystem.

Sounds like your talking about changeing the default value
of RCD_SCRIPTS_DIR.

Personaly I would like config variables that are used by the
+INSTALL +DEINSTALL script set in pkg_install.conf and passed to the scripts
when thay get run. I know this would mean writing extra code in pkg_install
but it would mean that the +INSTALL +DEINSTALL behaviour is defined when
a binary package is installed not built.

--
Steven