Re: pkgsrc RC scripts

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am consider to make the RC script support in pkgsrc a bit more useful
> out of the box with the following changes:
>
> (1) Install pkgsrc RC scripts by default into /etc/rc.pkg.d, not
> /etc/rc.d and adjust the default value for rc_directories accordingly.
> This keeps the logical separation between base and pkgsrc RC scripts
> and still allows /usr (or /usr/pkg) to be on a separate filesystem.

How about /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d (read: ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d)?
So it's possible to logical assign the rc.d script to the installed pkg's
(if someone wants to use more than one PREFIX - e.g. for testing).

> (2) Provide a default value of NO for the control variables. This
> ensures that no stupid "Missing variable $foo" clutters up the boot
> messages.
>
> Comments?

An rc.subr package would be great and the scripts should look for it in
/etc/rc.subr and ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.subr - this increases the portability.

Jens