Re: compiler framework, fortran, libtool, and other headaches

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:52:08AM -0400, Dan McMahill wrote:
- Since pkgsrc uses its own libtool, we really need to use one
compiler for all packages (on a given system) and this compiler (and
at least the C, C++, and FORTRAN languages) needs to be available
when libtool is built.  This is because libtool stores information
about the particular compiler.  It makes me wonder if we need to
have a per-compiler libtool or if we need to somehow build a new
libtool each time a libtool-using package is built.

I've added this to my todo-list for the new wrapper framework.

Joerg

Thanks. I wonder if the new wrapper framework will also somehow provide a wrapped compiler for packages like octave to use at run time in case they want to compile some plugins.

Is there anything written up about the new wrapper framework? I've been pretty out of touch lately...

-Dan