Re: jpeg update and shlibs going backwards

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 08:52:35AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>> OK - too bad upstream is like this.
>
> To be fair, keeping the ABI stable for 11.4 years or so is pretty good for
> upstream standard :)

No, I didn't mean an ABI break itself.  I meant the lack of clear
explanation of an ABI break in the missing NEWS file, together with "7
is really just a very minor update" comment.  Changing the ABI and shlib
major is a huge big deal rather than a minor update, although as you say
not unwarranted.