handle modular-xorg-server upgrade and "module requirement mismatch" and adding CONFLICTS for old modules?

Upgraded Xorg server today. I had:

  pixman-0.12.0
  modular-xorg-server-1.4.2nb5
  xf86-input-mouse-1.4.0
  xf86-input-keyboard-1.3.2nb1
  xf86-video-vesa-2.2.0
  xf86-video-wsfb-0.2.1nb1
and I was using an xf86-video-intel installed to /usr/local (source from
freedesktop git)

I installed pixman-0.15.10 -- required for modular-xorg-server due to
configure script requires  pixman>=0.13.2 and build error:

In file included from randrstr.h:47,
                 from mirandr.c:34:
                 rrtransform.h:33: error: field 'f_transform' has incomplete
type
                 rrtransform.h:34: error: field 'f_inverse' has incomplete type
                 In file included from mirandr.c:34:
                 randrstr.h:128: error: field 'f_transform' has incomplete type
                 randrstr.h:129: error: field 'f_inverse' has incomplete type

Or runtime problem:

Xorg: Undefined PLT symbol "pixman_transform_init_identity" (symnum =
1603)

I will commit fix for that.

When I restarted X, my mouse and keyboard didn't work. The log said:

(EE) Failed to load module "vesa" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "mouse" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "kbd" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "mouse" (module requirement mismatch, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "kbd" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

So I rebuilt and installed:

  xf86-input-mouse-1.4.0nb1

  xf86-input-keyboard-1.3.2nb2

(They were bumped for modular-xorg-server update.)

Then keyboard and mouse worked.

I think maybe a conflicts should be added also to modular-xorg-server for
the ones that conflict.

Any thoughts on this?

# Previous packages are from older Xorg server 1.4.x and cause
# "module requirement mismatch"
CONFLICTS+=     xf86-input-mouse<1.4.0nb1
CONFLICTS+=     xf86-input-keyboard<1.3.2nb2

Others also, but I didn't test.