Need something better for msgfmt

I'm tired of making these "needs msgfmt" commits and don't understand why
I have to catch these ;). There is no problem on NetBSD without msgfmt in
the USE_TOOLS in packages having gettext translations?

Maybe there should be at least pkglint check for this? There is at least
two cases where msgfmt must be there in the USE_TOOLS (AFAICS), but isn't
often:

* If PLIST contains files share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/*.po.
* If intltool is already there and GNU configure is in use (otherwise
  fails in configure phase saying that GNU intltool requires gettext
  tools).

Or ... ?

--
Hasso Tepper