Re: Making syspkgs and makefs play nice together

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> I want to be able to build filesystems from syspkgs/pkgsrc format
> packages and there are a few things that need to be ironed out before
> this can happen.

If your input is only syspkgs, not pkgsc packages, then the moral
equivalent of "tar -z -tvf ${syspkg_tgz}" will tell you the correct
ownership and mode for all files and directories in the syspkg.  You can
then ignore most of the +CONTENTS file.

> I also want to eliminate all @exec PLIST commands from syspkgs.

Yes, that might be possible with @pkgdir now.

--apb (Alan Barrett)