Re: [Greg Troxel] CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 09:06:11AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Do we really want to be bumping the pkg_install version every time we
> add a license to DEFAULT_ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES?  Perhaps so, but I suppose
> that's not the same as bumping the required version.

(a) If you have an old version, you can always add it to
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES. That is as much work as picking up a newer
"authoritive" version. It doesn't force a required bump.

(b) I strongly hope that the list of licenses converges soon to a stable
set.

That said, I would also prefer if the licenses themselve would be
annotated to whether or not they are acceptable, but that's a different
question.

Joerg