Re: Slow build times on Mac OS X

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Matthias Scheler
<tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> wrote:
> Unless there are any objection I'll switch Mac OS X (Leopard to
> start with) to "/bin/ksh" after a reasonable amount of testing.

How did you do the switch?  I tried this a while ago and couldn't see
any reasonable difference.  I probably did not change the pkgsrc shell
correctly.

> P.S.: These number also demonstrate that it would be very worthwhile
>      to provide C replacements for the buildlink wrappers.

Out of curiosity: have you tried to do a native build of that package,
out of pkgsrc's control?  Last time I tried (on a NetBSD host), the
overhead of the wrappers was significant.

Thanks,

--
Julio Merino