Re: tar usage in pkgsrc

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:11:59AM +0200, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > Seems that removal of pax from bootstrap broke at least some packages
> > (my current bulk build is in very beginning).
> Just to make sure this is not going in the wrong direction:
> The problem is not so much that bootstrap doesn't include pax any
> longer, but that pkgsrc/mk/tools/tools.${OPSYS}.mk provides the
> definition for tar and pax now, they are no longer forcefully
> overwritten in mk.conf.

And a pax is problematic as well - for DragonFly it's a -O option used by
packages. DragonFly pax doesn't have it and I don't see it in the SUSv3
either (
So, I don't think that it can be assumed it exist in other pax

Examples of such packages are print/LPRng-doc and emulators/hercules-images.

Hasso Tepper