Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/emulators/sap

Jens Rehsack <rehsack%googlemail.com@localhost> writes:

>>> N pkgsrc/emulators/sap/Makefile.common
>>>
>>> No conflicts created by this import
>>
>> emulators??
>>
>> I can see the point of this file, but it really seems that this is about
>> packages that have binaries that are installed using the emulation
>> framework, not about providing an emulation framework or an emulator
>> like simh.
>
> Do you have a better place for them? Yes, the binaries can use the emulation
> framework - like emulators/suse100_linux. Maybe there're coming more binary
> packages for SAP?

My opinion is that this belongs in the same place as the rest of the SAP
packages.  For example, the Adobe flash plugin is in multimedia, even
though it sets EMUL_PLATFORM and uses the emualtion framework.

I would guess misc or databases for most sap stuff.  The RPC toolkit in
devel seems fine, although I'd keep it all together.

>> Sorry if I missed the discussion on this.
>
> I discussed that with my sponsor Joerg Sonnenberger. It seems, he'd seen no
> reason to discuss the placing of this file.

SAP is large and complicated, it seems, so it might be helpful for you
to post to tech-pkg the plan of what packages you are going to import,
where they are going to go, and how you are going to handle any
difficult issues.