Re: pkglint question - PLIST_VARS vs PLIST_SRC+= & PLIST_SUBST

On 06/03/2009 16:22, David Brownlee wrote:
>     Is the general recommended way to conditionalise certain
>     elements in a PLIST to use PLIST_VARS rather than PLIST_SUBST
>     or PLIST_SRC+= ?
>
>     Should pkglint be giving hints on this?

If it's just based on something like extra files included from an
option.mk being chosen I tend to use PLIST_VARS.  But I do believe
PLIST_SUBST has it's place if you need to customise the replaced text.
I think PLIST_SRC+= has seen its day.

adrian.