Re: Is is time to rename firefox?

Roland Illig <roland.illig%gmx.de@localhost> writes:

> David Brownlee schrieb:
>>     - Rename www/firefox3 to www/firefox
>
> Why that? There will surely be firefox4 soon. Why can't we just leave
> firefox3 in its own directory?

I agree here.  I think it's fine to have it install as firefox (with a
firefox3 compat link for people used to it).  I am generally opposed to
renaming package directories without compelling reasons - it messes up
pkg_rolling-replace.  For firefox I think it makes sense to just have
the version in the package directory.

The rest of the plan sounds good.  My experience was that switching to 3