Re: patching Makefiles vs. setting things straight with post-install &?mv(1)

Dieter Baron schrieb:
>   If we let the package install the example config files where the
> application expects the real config files, any previously existing
> config files would be overwritten (and changes made by the user would
> be lost).

This is mainly because pkgsrc supports two ways of installing a package.
The first is by building it directly from source (this is the
problematic case), the other is installing it from a binary package. If
pkgsrc would switch to installing from binary packages only, we wouldn't
need this distinction anymore.

Roland