Re: One patch per file ? (was Re: suggested pkglint change: error on missing comment for patch)

On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 09:23:03PM +0100, Klaus Heinz wrote:
 > > we have one-patch-per-file as a rule - what about multiple unrelated
 > > patches to the same (set of) files? Duplicate the comments?
 >
 > Did I miss something?
 > I thought the rule was "one patch file in pkgsrc per source file".
 > Otherwise there would have to be a way to specify the order different
 > (ie. unrelated) pkgsrc patches for the same file should be applied.

That's one patch per file; you've misread. (But we do have ordering;
patches are applied in alphabetical order.)

I would really like to see one patch file per changeset instead of one
patch file per source file, with support for quilt or whatnot to help
manage them. But that's a big chunk of work that I don't have time to
do myself...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost