Re: bulk build instructions

On Mon, December 15, 2008 9:45 pm, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/bulk.html#bulk.pbulk says
>
> TODO; see pkgsrc/doc/HOWTO-pbulk for more information.
>
> Can we get this translated into official instructions on how to run a
> bulk build?  Especially if one is discouraged from using the old style
> build, it'd be nice if the recommended way of doing things was actually
> officially documented.  Even if just the other document was included in
> the html document that'd probably help.

If it helps, I documented how I've been doing bulk builds of pkgsrc for
DragonFly, in part for others and in part so I can keep it all straight:

http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/PbulkBuilding

I haven't tested it, but these instructions should generally work - use
make instead of bmake on NetBSD, etc. etc.