Complex package version

I've packaged up a svn snapshot of a development branch of vic (see mbone/vic). The existing (ancient) version is plain 2.8, but this one's 2.8ucl1.4.0beta-r4337M. The ucl suffix is because UCL took over development of the original LBL code and had their own release numbers. The r4337M is because it's a svn snapshot of a branch.

It's not clear to me what to use for PKGNAME that will deal with versioning here. I'm thinking of vic-devel- (or with 4337 replaced by the snapshot date 20081212).

Dr. Stephen Borrill