Re: setgid games

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 02:22:54PM -0500, Chuck Cranor wrote:
 > [...] there is no "games" group on my system (yet).
 >
 >     I was looking at how to fix this and I saw there was a
 > GAMES_USER/GAMES_GROUP in mk/platform/Darwin.mk, but its
 > all commented out.
 >
 >     Meanwhile, games like lib/xbomb just hardwires to "games"
 > like this:
 >
 > SCORE_USER=     games
 > SCORE_GROUP=    games
 > PKG_USERS=      ${SCORE_USER}:${SCORE_GROUP}
 > PKG_GROUPS=     ${SCORE_GROUP}
 >

 > what's the right thing to do for golddig?   Just copy the
 > xbomb stuff and ignore the commented out stuff in mk/platform/Darwin.mk?

As far as I can tell, handling of setgid (and scorefiles) for games is
completely fubar. :(

In the near term probably the best thing is to figure out what to
uncomment in Darwin.mk, because that will make other games work
semi-properly too. Or at least some of them.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost