Re: paths.h and Opensolaris?

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:08:27AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Carl Brewer wrote:
daemon.c:42:19: paths.h: No such file or directory
daemon.c: In function `daemon':
daemon.c:66: error: `_PATH_DEVNULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
daemon.c:66: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
At least the Solaris 10 that I have here[1] neither has paths.h nor _PATH_DEVNULL defined. As such, the software assuming such existance should be fixed.

#ifdef __sunos__
#define _PATH_DEVNULL "/dev/null"
#else
#include <paths.h>
#endif

or something like that.

Wouldn't it be better if the paths.h included in pkgsrc nbcompat was found automagically by bmake after bootstrap is run, and that it had all these defines in it set appropriately for SunOS?

I can just comment out the #include <paths.h> and hack in the path too, but that's not a very elegant solution, and certainly not scalable across all of pkgsrc. I don't know much about pkgsrc, I've only ever used it on NetBSD, which has paths.h in /usr/include and it just works.