Re: Build dependency on another package's source

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> writes:

> Yes, of course: I want to package the new native Sieve implementation
> for dovecot
> (http://www.rename-it.nl/dovecot/1.2/dovecot-1.2-sieve-0.1.0). To
> build, this seems to need a dovecot source tree. I'm not sure why
> exactly, but probably it re-uses dovecot code.

I have the impression it needs more headers than most Linux
distributions install.  I'd say it's a bug in dovecot or dovecot-sieve
if we can't make the sieve module buidl against what the package
installs.  There is a lot of stuff in /usr/pkg/include/dovecot/src, 221
files, and I suspect that might be enough, or rather I think it's worth
trying.