Re: CONFLICTS variable is terrible

> 2) I didn't claim CONFLICTS can always be detected automatically.
>    I wrote a tool for detecting conflicts in PLISTs only.

How to decide before I waste time downloading a package and its many
dependencies and begin extracting / installing all of them to later find
somewhere in that process that there is a conflict?

I agree we should work at fixing packages so they can install at same time
(like "git"). But I still don't understand the value of getting rid of a
CONFLICTS variable. (I read all your emails about this I think.)