Re: [ CVS commit: pkgsrc/devel/nbpatch]

> On Thu, Oct 09, 2008 at 01:01:31AM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >> > On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:09:40PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 >>  >> How about
 >>  >>    pkg/39694 [serious/medium]: under Interix-3.5
 >> > You should have something like TOOLS_PLATFORM.install in your mk.conf?
 >> This PR is not about use of bmake with pkgsrc packages but about
 >> standalone bmake use.
 >> Within pkgsrc packages installation works fine but it doesn't when I
 >> use bmake for my own projects outside pkgsrc.

> The install-sh script should be installed and bmake should use that by
> default.
Under Interix install-sh is install correctly and is used within pkgsrc
just fine. Again, I'm talking about different problem.
Path to the correct (correct for pkgsrc) install script is set in

I'm talking about _autonomous_ usage of bmake like the following.

  0 tmp>cat Makefile
  PROG=   hello
  SRCS=   main

  .include <>

  0 tmp>bmake
  gcc -D_ALL_SOURCE  -Werror  -D_ALL_SOURCE -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include -c main.c
  gcc  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -o hello main.o

  0 tmp>bmake install PREFIX=/usr/local
  /bin/   -c -s   -o Cheusov -g 1049089 -m 555 hello /hello
  bmake: exec(/bin/ failed (No such file or directory)
  *** Error code 1

  bmake: stopped in /dev/fs/D/Interix/home/Cheusov/tmp

  1 tmp>

This is because corrupted INSTALL variable from is in action.
I hope now it's clear.

With suggested patch pkgsrc is bootstrapped fine.

> Simple reason is that it depends to a certain degree on the
> interface. I don't know how broken Interix's install is, but others are
> very broken.
I know. /bin/install in Interix-3.5  doesn't support -d option, for example.
But see above.

Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.