Re: X11_TYPE=native on Ubuntu 8.04

On Sep 5, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Eric Gillespie wrote:

I found that the following changes seem to be needed for pango,
Xft2, gst-plugins0.10-good, bug-buddy, and x11-links to work on
Ubuntu 8.04, and probably other newer Linux systems.  I'm no
expert on these packages, so I'm unsure of the correctness of
my changes.

The gst-plugins0.10-good and bug-buddy changes look like
no-brainers: adding PLIST entries for files not installed on
NetBSD.  But, maybe not?

All the other changes, I'm less sure about.  I made each one in
reaction to a missing pkg-config file during build, e.g. xcb and
pthread-stubs.

I'm sorry, but I can't really tell whether these patches are OK or not. They seem reasonable to me, though, but someone with more experience with the new modular xorg packages should tell. joerg@?