Re: Options vs. Binary packages

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008, Greg Troxel wrote:

If you have specific suggestions by all means send them in with
discussion of why they are striking the right balance as discussed
above.  I suspect I'm more on the side of omitting features with
troublesome licenses by default.

        We could have a variation on PKG_SUGGESTED_OPTIONS which if
        present is guaranteed to produce a binary package without
        redistribution restrictions, and have the bulk build system
        use that and automatically add a note to the includes MESSAGE
        that certain options are missing in this build