Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/graphics/gtkimageview

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 20:53:19 +0900, Greg Troxel <>

> David Sainty <> writes:
>>> No, I was suggesting that pkgsrc have a feature that one can express
>>> that a particular site has an odd download method.  Perhaps that can be
>>> "this method is odd" and "here's how to combine MASTER_SITES, DISTNAME,
>>> and EXTRACT_SUFX to make a URL", with "this method is odd" being enough
>>> to add the FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS like you suggest.  This is really just
>>> about what you are doing, except it removes the pkgsrcIgnore kludge, and
>>> it doesn't try to cram everything in MASTER_SITES.
>> I don't quite get how this would look in the package's Makefile.  How
>> would you ask for this behaviour under your suggestion?
> or something like that.  Really the semantics is
>   ( is
>   really a trac server with attachments, not a regular web server, so use
>   the special trac download rule for it.

For gtkimageview, we can define MASTER_SITE as following one:${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX}?format=raw&file=/

And digging pkgsrc tree with FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS,
* comms/asterisk-sounds-de-x9media
  Can't fetch distfile now. I don't know why require FETC_BEFORE_ARGS.
* devel/psvn
  Just add "/" after MASTER_SITES
* graphics/gimp-fix-ca
  404. probably add "/" after MASTER_SITES

And for notes, if really want to use FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS,
You must not use bare "-o" flags, use ${FETCH_OUTPUT_ARGS} instead
for custom FETCH_CMD users.

"Of course I love NetBSD":-)
OBATA Akio /