OpenOffice.org 2.4.1: trouble with python scripting (pyuno)

I wanted to use python with OOo. It seems not to work.

I have e.g. taken a script (ooextract.py from
http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-bridge.html#examples).

marko@prpad% export PYTHONPATH=/usr/pkg/OpenOffice.org2.4.1/program/
marko@prpad% python ~/.openoffice.org2/user/Scripts/python/ooextract.py -h
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/marko/.openoffice.org2/user/Scripts/python/ooextract.py", line 2,
in ?
    import uno
  File "/usr/pkg/OpenOffice.org2.4.1/program/uno.py", line 37, in ?
    import pyuno
SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly

From only a very quick glance into this I would suspect that pyuno and
my systems python are built with different versions of gcc and that
maybe this is what leads to the problem.

Has anyone seen this before? ...even fixed it?

Thanks and best regards,

Marko