Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/mk

Alistair Crooks wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 01:53:23PM +0200, Adam Hoka wrote:
> > It also breaks pkgsrc tree on SMB/CIFS even when its not read only.
> > Or on every other FS which does not support symlinks.
>
> You have a pkgsrc tree on an SMB file system? Excellent. Can you tell
> us the other problems you ran into, please?

The case-insensitivity did not cause any problem as it seemed, so that part was
OK.
Building on SMB was impossible because there is no symlink support,
but setting WRKOBJDIR to a suitable file system made it work all right.

I use this on HP-UX because I have limited space on that box.

> Which other file systems don't support symbolic links, and yet have
> flex file names (necessary for some of the patch file names)?

We support a lot of platforms so we shouldn't make assumptions.
Why break something when we don't have to?

--
Adam