[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
GSoC status report: cwrapper
* Work is proceeding on the "cwrapper" CVS branch in pkgtools/cwrapper.
* All the tests from regress/buildlink-transform have been ATF'ified.
* Some of the tests are failing (and were failing before the
conversion). I need to determine whether the fault lies in the tests
or in the wrappers.
* A very preliminary draft of a paper has been written. Future drafts
will be much more interesting once the project has been completed.
Work left to do:
* More thorough test coverage is needed.
* The new wrapper implementation remains to be written.
* Integration and performance testing will determine when the new
implementation should replace the old.
* Got off to a late start for a variety of reasons.
* Would have liked to be further along by now, but momentum is now
heavily on my side.
* It is impossible to overstate the importance of having a full test
suite in place before the rewrite. The quality of the test suite, I'm
quite certain, will determine the velocity of the development to follow.
Main Index |
Thread Index |