audit-packages/download-vulnerability-list integration?

Looking at -current: Now that audit-packages and download-vulnerability-list are part of the base system, I think it would be nice to offer hooks to run them nightly, e.g. via daily.conf(5) or security.conf(5). I haven't seen any references there, though - can this be added, is it intended that users add manual cronjobs, or what's the idea here?

 - Hubert