RE: using -f for make

Jeremy C. Reed <> wrote:
> Use MAKE_FILE. Many examples in pkgsrc.
> See pkgsrc Guide (pkgsrc/doc/pkgsrc.txt):
> The default value of MAKE_PROGRAM is "gmake" if USE_TOOLS contains
> "gmake", "make" otherwise. The default value of MAKE_FILE is
> "Makefile", and BUILD_TARGET defaults to "all".

That sounds like what I needed - thanks!

It would be _really_ helpful if the Guide had an appendix of all the
makefile variables and what they did.  I read through all the sections that
seemed like they'd be relevant to this question, but didn't find this

Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
    InterCall, a division of West Corporation

               Eschew obfuscation!