Re: DESTDIR bulk build?

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:

DESTDIR exists for more than year, but only about 30% of all packages
supports it (PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT is in Makefile).  As you may know
distbb supports DESTDIR bulk builds.  In order to make this support
better, I can periodically run bulk builds under Linux (if anybody
need it). Under Linux because I have no power machine running NetBSD,
but I don't think this is a problem.

How about DESTDIR hackaton?

        An excellent idea. I'd like to suggest two other changes to
        encourage more PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT entries in packages:

        a) Add support for PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT= none
        b) Make pkglint display a warning if a package does not have
           a PKG_DESTDIR_SUPPORT= entry