teTeX-bin: pdftex/pdflatex

I am getting failures with the doxygen package, because it expectss to
use pdflatex during the install phase.  It seems that the teTeX-bin3
package installs pdfetex, but neither pdftex nor pdflatex.  I am
uncertain as to whether pdfetex is the same as pdftex.  However, it
does seem that doxygen is happy with the pdfetex installed by
teTeX-bin.

This requirement would be satisfied with two symbolic links in the
teTeX-bin package.

     bin/pdflatex -> pdfetex
     bin/pdftex   -> pdfetex

Is this something that should be done?  Is everyone else getting this
to work in some other way?

Cheers,
Brook