teTeX-bin: pdftex/pdflatex

I am getting failures with the doxygen package, because it expectss to
use pdflatex during the install phase.  It seems that the teTeX-bin3
package installs pdfetex, but neither pdftex nor pdflatex.  I am
uncertain as to whether pdfetex is the same as pdftex.  However, it
does seem that doxygen is happy with the pdfetex installed by

This requirement would be satisfied with two symbolic links in the
teTeX-bin package.

     bin/pdflatex -> pdfetex
     bin/pdftex   -> pdfetex

Is this something that should be done?  Is everyone else getting this
to work in some other way?