new platform

I am attempting to port pkgsrc to a different platform.  I am documenting my
progress at http://wiki.netbsd.se/User:ChristTrekker/AUX.

My immediate question is regarding compilation of libnbcompat.  I cannot get
statvfs.c to compile because the system's statfs struct (as defined in
sys/vfs.h) doesn't conform to what is expected - it lacks required members.
I'm not quite sure how to work around that without hacking up the header.
I'm a bit reluctant to hack the system's base files if I'm not sure what
impact it will have.

Another question regards when I should consider submitting the platform file
(those under pkgtools/ and mk/) diffs for inclusion to CVS.  Do I wait until
I have something working, or send what I have now so that someone else could
work in parallel with me?

Thanks,
Tim

PS  Apologies if this is the wrong forum for questions like this.
--
Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
               Eschew obfuscation!