new platform

I am attempting to port pkgsrc to a different platform.  I am documenting my
progress at

My immediate question is regarding compilation of libnbcompat.  I cannot get
statvfs.c to compile because the system's statfs struct (as defined in
sys/vfs.h) doesn't conform to what is expected - it lacks required members.
I'm not quite sure how to work around that without hacking up the header.
I'm a bit reluctant to hack the system's base files if I'm not sure what
impact it will have.

Another question regards when I should consider submitting the platform file
(those under pkgtools/ and mk/) diffs for inclusion to CVS.  Do I wait until
I have something working, or send what I have now so that someone else could
work in parallel with me?

PS  Apologies if this is the wrong forum for questions like this.
Tim Larson        AMT2 Unix Systems Administrator
               Eschew obfuscation!