Re: how to upgrade a whole machine ...

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Dieter Baron wrote:
: It seems to me that pkgsrc is really more of a research thing than
: anything that eventually will converge to a simple, powerful tool.

 Thank you for dismissing all the hard work various people put into
pkgsrc to get there, and for your lack of faith in our efforts.

Why? He's got a valid point.
pkgsrc is now ... how old, and still not working?

The original goal of pkgsrc was to get software available easily.
The initial posting showed that this goal apparently is still not reached.

 - Hubert (co-founder of pkgsrc)