Re: how to upgrade a whole machine ...

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Dieter Baron
<> wrote:
> In article <p06240802c4477d725823@[]> Hauke wrote:
>  : It seems to me that pkgsrc is really more of a research thing than
> : anything that eventually will converge to a simple, powerful tool.
>   Thank you for dismissing all the hard work various people put into
>  pkgsrc to get there, and for your lack of faith in our efforts.

My opinion of this issue is that pkgsrc fails to distinguish itself
between being a portable, cross-platform, package-building
infrastructure (pkg server), and being a tool for users to easily
update software (client).

I guess the documentation isn't the best in distinguishing pkgtools vs
pkgsrc, or however the distinction should be made.