Re: 2008Q1 -> current: downgrade

 >> > I'd be more inclined to use a different PKGBASE for the affected
 >> > packages.
 >>
 >> Yes, that's also possible, but I prefer keeping the same PKGBASE.

> So I need to ask - how common is this? I can think of a few occasions
> in the last 10 years where this has happened, but not many. Why would
> a version numbering scheme reset itself without the PKGBASE changing?

I've packaged a few things from NetBSD base system in wip/netbsd-*.
Sometimes I version them a netbsd releas (-3.0, -4.0, etc), and
somtimes from CVS snapshots (when critical bug found and fixed).

I'm not with pkgsrc for 10 years, but I think such situations
(versioning from CVS snapshorts) happen rather often.  For example, a
window manager sawfish.  Between version 1.3 (dated 2003) released by
original author and version 1.3.1 (dated 2007) released by new
maintainers a few CVS snapshots were released.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.