more bootstrap issues on sol10u4 ...

*sigh* ... got over two other hurdles since I last posted, however this
is causing me grief now ... why would bmake fail to build when it has
already been successfully built for the bootstrap??

:
:
|===> Extracting for bmake-20080215
|/bin/cp -R /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake/files
/usr/pkgsrc/bootstrap/work/wrk/devel/bmake/work/bmake
|===> Patching for bmake-20080215
|===> Creating toolchain wrappers for bmake-20080215
|===> Configuring for bmake-20080215
|=> Configuring and building libnbcompat
|configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
|    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
|checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
|checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2
|checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
|checking for sparc-sun-solaris2-gcc... gcc
|checking for C compiler default output file name...
|configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
|See `config.log' for more details.
|*** Error code 77
|
|Stop.
|bmake: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/devel/bmake
:
:

my /etc/mk.conf is as follows:

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left