Re: 2008Q1 bootstrap issues under solaris 10u4?

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> trying to get the bootstrap compiled up with Sun Studios 12 inside a
> zone (not that I think that has any bearing, mind you).
>
> The compilation phase seems to progress fine, however when the bmake
> unit tests are run, it just appears to stop dead with no output:

Several people have reported this sort of thing in the past few days.
The most detailed report suggested that the newly-built bmake program
was stuck in an infinite loop while performing the "recursive" test
inside the "unit-tests/dotwait" makefile.

I think we need somebody with the right environment to run that test
under a debugger to figure out what's going wrong.  It could be a bug in
bmake itself, a bug in a library, accidental linkage against the wrong
library, a compiler bug, or something else.

--apb (Alan Barrett)