Re: pkg_admin audit frontends

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Sat, Apr 05, 2008 at 06:00:07PM +0100, Adrian Portelli wrote:
At a quick glance; removing -Q from audit-packages.sh is going to cause problems for e.g.:

OK, I've added it back. The only remaining problem is bsd.pkg.readme.mk,
as it can't deal with compressed vulnerability file.

This shouldn't be hard to resolve :)

from what I can see all genreadme.awk does, that it won't be able to do with a compressed file, (without additional tools) is:

1) count the number of entries in the file
* IMHO this is cosmetic and could even be dropped

2) check the version of the file against what it expects it to be
* the current audit-packages already does this in pv_format() (I haven't checked the new pkg_admin code for equivalent functionality). ausit-packages will exit if the version is not up to date and we should just teach genreadme.awk about that possible condition and remove the logic for it to check the version in the script.

adrian.