Re: pkg_add and remote packages

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 02:01:11PM -0400, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> That's true and it's an important technical improvement in using libfetch
> over a separate ftp(1) process.  The thought that crossed my mind was that
> ftp(1) might have better support for things like proxies and perhaps other
> protocols than libfetch, so I was (slightly) worried about regressions in
> this area.  At least HTTP_PROXY and FTP_PROXY are relevant given the nature
> of some corporate setups.  I admit I haven't looked at libfetch to see what
> features are missing (if at all).

I don't think tnftp supports anything, libfetch doesn't do. libfetch
currently doesn't support HTTP error 305 (Use proxy). It does support
HTTP_PROXY, HTTP_PROXY_AUTH, FTP_PROXY etc. netrc is supported as well.

I still need to port the index.html parsing code to libfetch, but that
is the only big missing feature.

Joerg