Re: make replace broken?

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Tobias Nygren wrote:

> > Here is an example:
> >
> > => Becoming ``root'' to make su-replace (/usr/pkg/bin/sudo)
>
> Is this possibly some side effect of sudo?
> Does it work with
> SU_CMD=${SU} root -c
> ?

That fails for me with:

===> Replacing for gethost-0.10
WARNING: experimental target - DATA LOSS MAY OCCUR.
=> Becoming ``root'' to make su-replace (/usr/bin/su)
Password:
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Using default SU_CMD fails like:

===> Replacing for gethost-0.10
WARNING: experimental target - DATA LOSS MAY OCCUR.
=> Becoming ``root'' to make su-replace (/usr/bin/su)
Password:
Terminal type is xterm.
*** Error code 1

(Message from tset -r.)

By the way, on the working system, I have UNPRIVILEGED=yes.

  Jeremy C. Reed