Re: new Mesa 7.0.3-rc2 packages in pkgsrc-wip

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:37:59 -0500
"Blair Sadewitz" <blair.sadewitz%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've committed new mesa packages to pkgsrc-wip (Mesa, MesaLib, glu,
> and glut).  Unless I forgot to commit something (possible), everything
> up to glu (at least with dri support) should build on NetBSD (at least
> 4.0+, I'm using i386 on current).
>
> I'd like to get these into pkgsrc ASAP (at least by the time the 7.0.3
> release rolls around), but am currently pressed for time.  Please see
> the initial commit message for these packages for a status/TODO blurb.
>  Mostly, they just need testing and polishing.  The build itself is
> fully libtoolized, including dri drivers, and now contains pkg-config
> files.  Those are currently generated by the mesa build system, but we
> may wish to disable that and provide .pc.in files for pkgsrc to
> override.  Alternatively, we could set make environment variables and
> add them to the makefiles.  I encourage anyone who wishes to work on
> these to please do so.  If you run into any stumbling blocks, please
> don't hesitate to email me.
>
> Regards,
>
> --Blair

Hi,

I agree that it's time to make this import happen. However, it still
seems to be broken when not using the dri option. This needs to be fixed
before import. Also is there any reason for the i386 option to not
be default enabled on i386? Btw, thanks again for working on this.

Kind Regards,
-Tobias