Re: Several Packages Supporting Smart Cards

John R. Shannon wrote:
I created several packages to support the use of smart cards with NSS based application. I've been using my US DoD Common Access Card (CAC) with Thunderbird and Firefox on NetBSD-CURRENT for several weeks. With NetBSD 4.0, Thunderbird and Firefox abort when the CAC module is plugged in with an error in pthread initialization. Is is worth committing these packages?

Yes, go ahead and commit them. Since they don't work with less-than-current NetBSD, I would put the following into their Makefiles:

# Only for NetBSD>=4.99.0
NOT_FOR_PLATFORM=       NetBSD-[0-3].*-* NetBSD-4.[0-9].*-*
NOT_FOR_PLATFORM+=      NetBSD-4.[0-8]*.*-* NetBSD-4.9[0-8].*-*

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny C. Lam