pkgsrc + epm =...

Just an idea.

1-2 years ago there were short discussion about three pkgsrc functions.
One - building software, another - packaging it into packages,
the last one - package management.
At that time discussion was about pkgsrc sources/internals.

There is another level of this separation.  Three functions - three
programs. Pkgsrc - for building, EPM - for packaging software into
packages, native packaging system for package management.
EPM - http://www.epmhome.org

In short, EPM can generate native packages for a wide variaty of platforms
including HP-UX, Solaris, .rpm, .deb etc.

I think .tgz package generated by pkgsrc during building can be
relatively easy converted to "file list" used by EPM to generate
native packages (EPM also supports "subpackages").

I think this can be interesting for pkgsrc users especially for those
who use it under non-NetBSD platforms. I also think that this can make
pkgsrc even more popular.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.