Re: Basic replace support for DESTDIR

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
whoever cares enough about undo should finish the attached patch.
E.g. tarup the package before replace and run pkg_add -u with it for
undo. As Alistair objects the patch without that and I don't care enough
to waste more time on it, it won't get committed.

FWIW, I think the whole "replace" code needs to be ripped out and rewritten. When I wrote the current "replace" module, I foolishly tried to templatize the "replace" action so that different package tools could override the steps as needed. Clearly, it's much too complex as-is -- I barely understand the code there anymore.

        Cheers,

        -- Johnny C. Lam