Re: ultimate goal of DESTDIR support?

Johnny C. Lam wrote:

> Your impression is correct, although I don't believe the pkgsrc-pmc has
> made any formal announcement of this fact.

Thanks for this clarification.

As the "DESTDIR" installation method reaches general usability for
package creators[1], this announcement should be made, together with
a prior overhaul of the development section of the pkgsrc guide. Every
new package created without DESTDIR in mind as the future default
installation method is wasted work, IMO.

ciao
     Klaus

[1] As far as I can see, only the *OWN/*GRP issue prevents this, see other
    thread on this list)