[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: patch filenames
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> Maybe I'm too quilt-biased, but think of quilt as a much more advanced
> version of pkgvi and pkgdiff.
I rather like the idea of quilt, but if we intend to make quilt part of
the standard way of developing pkgsrc, then I'd like to see quilt itself
made less dependent on GNUisms. For example:
* it wants GNU sed, but could be converted to use BSD sed with the "-E"
* it depends on GNU coreutils, but as far as I can see this is mostly
because it uses "cp -a" instead of the standard "cp -RPp".
* it uses GNUism in a find command (I recently fixed that with a patch);
* it claims to require a recent version of GNU patch, but I don't know
whether it actually uses features that are not in NetBSD's patch;
* It requires bash, but could be converted to use any POSIX shell
--apb (Alan Barrett)
Main Index |
Thread Index |