Subject: Re: Handling directories (was: Re: problems with AUTO_MKDIRS=yes,
To: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2007 10:11:35
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 15:17:10 +0100
Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org> wrote:
> Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> > Another question is why I should manually add these @dirrm commands
> > and why they are not generated automatically.
>
> Another question is why they are necessary at all. I've already added a
> task to Joerg's TODO list to make them unnecessary (PR 37087).

Hmm.  Are you assuming that you can figure out what directories are
added by the package and what are added by the system (or a dependent
package) automatically?  I'm not so sure you can.  The package
maintainer is probably the only one who can know that for sure.  I
suppose you can just remove empty directories but then you lose the
warning when a directory is expected to be empty but isn't.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/