Subject: Re: problems with AUTO_MKDIRS=yes, r/o pkgsrc and UNPRIVILEGED=yes
To: Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov@tut.by>
From: Roland Illig <rillig@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/31/2007 02:42:29
Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
> I have some problems with AUTO_MKDIRS=yes (wip/runawk package under Linux).
> PLIST:
>    @comment $NetBSD$
>    bin/runawk
>    man/man1/runawk.1
>    share/doc/${PKGBASE}/ChangeLog
>    share/doc/${PKGBASE}/NEWS
>    share/doc/${PKGBASE}/README

These lines are ignored by AUTO_MKDIRS (sadly undocumented), since
AUTO_MKDIRS only looks at the PLIST _sources_ and throws away all lines
with unresolved variables. (It is easier than to substitute things first.)

I will think about it and then either resolve the variables in the PLIST
sources or document it.

> After replacing "${PKGBASE}" with "runawk" in PLIST package is built fine.

In case of this package, I would prefer the "resolved" form, since it is
shorter and simpler to read.

> Under NetBSD with r/w pkgsrc and without UNPRIVILEGED=yes everything
> works fine as is.

Did you test with PKG_DEVELOPER=yes? Because otherwise it is probable
that the directory share/doc already exists and all those files are
installed _as_ share/doc/runawk, which would then be a file, not a
directory.

Roland